Dr. Georgia Ede (@GeorgiaEdeMD) is a Harvard-trained, board-certified psychiatrist specializing in nutrition-focused counseling. She’s a regular writer for Psychology Today, DietDoctor.com, as well as her incredibly helpful blog Diagnosis: Diet. Georgia is well-known in the carnivore community for her excellent work on articles and lectures on plant toxins and their implications for mental health, as well as other topics.
Georgia and I discuss:
- Georgia’s introduction to nutrition through her own health
- Her success in starting a low-plant, ketogenic diet
- Discovering food can affect mood and why people find that controversial
- Epidemiological research and controversies in nutrition myths
- Helping other psychiatrists with low-carbohydrate diets
- Plant toxins and chemical warfare
- Animal foods essential role in nutrition
- Plant-based diets and mental health
- And much more!
This episode is brought to you by Optimal Carnivore. Do you struggle to eat organ meat?
Optimal Carnivore was created by Carnivores for Carnivores.
They created a unique organ complex from grass-fed animals in New Zealand. It includes 9 different organs - Liver, Brain, Heart, Thymus, Kidney, Spleen, Pancreas, Lung etc.
Taking 6 capsules is the same as eating an ounce of raw organ meat from the butcher.
Get 10% off your order by going to https://amzn.to/3hSXXtu and using the code: carnivore10 at checkout!
(currently only shipping within the US)
LMNT is offering a free sample pack along with any regular purchase when you use my custom link drinklmnt.com/carnivorecast . The LMNT Sample Pack includes 1 packet of every flavor. This is the perfect offer for 1) anyone who is interested in trying all of our flavors or 2) wants to introduce a friend to LMNT. Go to drinklmnt.com/carnivorecast to claim this awesome deal!
What questions would you like answered or who would you like to hear from in the carnivore or research community?